Unboxing the Powerbeats Pro earbuds is thrilling, but connecting them to the laptop can sometimes become annoying. It happens for several reasons, but one of the major ones is when you don’t know how to pair Powerbeats Pro to laptop correctly.
Every laptop model is different than the other, so connecting Powerbeats to laptop might become trickier for you. Searching whether you are correctly connecting them can be frustrating and annoying because it consumes a lot of time.
You would not want to risk damaging your new Powerbeats Pro. Fortunately, I have summarized all of the possible ways through which you can connect your Powerbeat Pro headphones to your laptop. So read and follow the article.
Table of Contents
How To Put Powerbeats Pro Into Pairing Mode?
From 2013 to now, Beats have developed 8 models of headphones, and every model has different activation instructions. If you recently bought the Powerbeats Pro earbuds, they must be already in pairing mode when you turn them on.
If they are not, you need to activate them into pairing mode, which depends on their model. Read the manual within the box if you don’t know how to turn them on.
If you do not understand the information given in the guide, then follow the below instruction to activate their pairing mode:
- Beats Flex: Push the power button and hold it until you see the flashlight.
- Solo Pro: You will see the mode button on the left ear side, hold it for some seconds, and it will turn into ON mode.
- Powerbeats: Press the button on the left earbud, press, and hold it for a few seconds until you see the flashlight.
- Beats Studio 3 wireless & Beats Solo 3 Wireless: push the power button for a few seconds until you see the light flashes of the fuel Gauge.
- Powerbeats Pro, Beats Studio Buds 7 Beats Fit Pro: Put the earbuds into the case and leave the case open. Now push and hold the button until you see the light flash.
How Can You Connect the Powerbeats Pro With Mac?
Despite being from the same company, there is no shortcut to connect all laptops and other devices with Powerbeat Pro earbuds. You can connect them by using Bluetooth. To connect the Mac laptop with Powerbeats Pro, follow the steps that are given below:
- You will see the Bluetooth logo on the screen; click on it.
- When the menu bar appears on your screen, click on Bluetooth preferences.
- The Bluetooth device searching screen will appear; you can turn the Bluetooth on here.
- If your Powerbeats Pro pairing mode is on, you will see them on your Mac screen under the Bluetooth searching devices.
- Select your Powerbeats pro device from them and click on Connect option beside it.
- After one or two seconds, your beats earbuds will successfully connect to your laptop.
- You will see the ‘’connected’’ written below the Powerbeats Pro device.
How To Connect Powerbeats Pro To Windows 10?
If your laptop is a PC, then there is no shortcut to connect your Powerbeats Pro buds. To connect them, you have to pair them through system settings. It requires only a little effort with a few steps, so follow the instructions given below:
- You have to click on the window icon and then click on ‘’Bluetooth and other device settings’’ after searching Bluetooth in the search menu.
- You will see the Bluetooth toggle there, click on the option ‘’Add Bluetooth or other devices.’’
- You have to select Bluetooth; the window will search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- After searching for a few seconds, you will see your Powerbeats Pro headphone device; click on it to connect your laptop PC.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your screen when both devices connect.
What Do I Do If My Powerbeats Do Not Connect To The Laptop?
If there is any problem with your device and your Powerbeat Pro buds are not connecting with your laptop, here are some ways to help you connect your Powerbeat Pro with the laptop.
Update the Bluetooth Driver
If your laptop device is too old, it might be possible that Bluetooth drivers are not updated for longer. If you have the latest PC or laptop, your device will automatically update the system monthly. Still, some might need updation after a specific time because they do not have an automatic update option.
The two things that you have to do to update the driver are:
- You have to look for the window update notification to check if there is any update about the Bluetooth driver in the system.
- Check, can Powerbeats Pro buds run on updated Bluetooth drivers?
If you don’t know how to check it, then here we go into details:
- Open the control panel of the system.
- Click on Device manager.
- You will see the headphone name under the devices list.
- Select the device name and right-click on it.
- After clicking on it, you will see an option to update the driver; press it.
The process will run smoothly and will update the Bluetooth driver. When the update finishes, the laptop connects with the Powerbeats Pro.
Fix The Discoverable State
The wireless earbuds working is entirely different from wired ones. The Powerbeats Pro does not operate in a plug-and-play mode; you will need to reboot it.
To make your Powerbeats Pro earbuds in discoverable mode, push and long hold its power button. The light will start flashing after 5 to 6 seconds. The discoverable mode is enabled now, and you can connect it to any device.
The earbuds did not come into their discoverable mode if you do not notice the flashing light and long holding the button. Wait, repeat the same process, and see if the light blinks.
Check The Battery of Powerbeats Pro
The most common that most people do is not check the battery time of their Powerbeats Pro. Make sure to check the powerbeats battery regularly. The flashlight of your earbuds will not blink if its battery is low.
If you want to connect your earbuds to any laptop device, then it will be good to recharge them beforehand. If you have been using them for longer, then make sure to check their battery after every use.
How To Connect the Powerbeast Pro To A Laptop Without Bluetooth?
If you are using an outdated system, then the above methods of connecting with Bluetooth may not work on your device. Stop worrying about this problem; I have another simple solution for you. If you want to connect your Powerbeats Pro to the laptop or PC without using Bluetooth, then follow the given procedure:
- You have to buy an external Bluetooth USB Adaptor.
- Use this USB to plug into the system.
- The driver of the adapter will automatically install into the system.
Now you have an adapter driver in your laptop or PC; you can connect your Powerbeats Pro to the laptop. The most significant benefit of this method is that you can use it for any window laptop. Whatever the window version you are using, you can connect your system with your earbuds by using the adapter and enjoy the time.
Following the guide, I hope you learned how to pair Powerbeats Pro earbuds with a laptop, PC, or other devices. Connecting the earbuds to the device can get tricky if you do not know how to do that.
It is essential to know the model of the device and earbuds to connect them correctly. I hope I have made it more accessible in this article for you to connect your earbuds to your laptop, so enjoy the moment now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There Any App for Powerbeats Pro?
There are few apps to connect your Powerbeats Pro with the devices, but you can use the Betas app that lets users connect it with any device. Go to the Play store and download the Beats app, then you can use it to connect with any Android device. After connecting it to the device, you can change its settings by going into the app.
Do The Powerbeats Pro Have A Mic?
Yes, the Powerbeats Pro has a microphone; you can select which earbud’s microphone will stay active. When you remove one earbud from your ear, the microphone will automatically switch to other earbuds. If you wonder if you can talk to anyone with Powerbeats Pro, you can make calls and talk with anyone by connecting your earbuds to your device.
What Does The Red Light Of Powerbeats Pro Mean?
If you see a red light on your Powerbeats Pro, their battery life is low, and you have to charge them immediately. If you use your Powerbeats Pro earbuds more often, recharge them after use. Not charging them for longer will damage them, and they will probably not connect to your device.
Can I Turn Off My Powerbeats Pro Without A Case?
Yes, you can turn your earbuds off after using them. The case is not necessary for Powerbeats Pro earbuds. After using them, press and hold the power button for a few seconds, and the earbuds will turn off.
Is Powerbeats Pro Loud?
Powerbeats Pro can get very loud. They are louder than the AirPods, so it is the best option to listen and hear all the music details with them. You can enjoy high and loud volumes, but do not play them too much louder; it can damage your ears.