Is your laptop brightness stuck at the lowest, and you cannot see any pictures or videos? That must be a problem if you have any sight problems. Sometimes, we all want to brighten our laptop screens to see pictures and videos clearly and work properly. If you don’t know how To make Laptop screen brighter than Max, this article is going to help you out!
Brightening the laptop screen is not as difficult as you might have thought. All you need to do is to locate the Action Center menu in the bottom right corner of the screen. You will find the messaging icon on the Windows laptop. Clicking on it will open a new section of options. Here you will find the brightness slider to control the laptop’s brightness.
It is not only one way; there are plenty of others. Let’s take a look at all the simplest ways to brighten your laptop screen:
Table of Contents
Methods to Make Your Laptop Screen Brighter Than Max
Sometimes, we all want to make our laptop screen brighter than usual. It can be due to the darker video or picture; a bright screen can give a clearer display. If you also want to make your laptop screen brighter, you must be looking for the simplest ways. Here are some simple ways, follow them and see which one works for your laptop:
1. Adjust the Display Brightness Manually
Follow the steps given below to adjust the brightness of your Windows laptop:
- Press Windows + I key simultaneously to open “Settings.”
- Click on ‘’System’’ and then tap on ‘’Display.’’
- You will see a “Brightness and Color” option in this section.
- Under this option, you will find the slider, which controls the screen’s brightness.
- Drag and adjust how much brightness you want.
- On the right side, the brightness will set to maximum and decrease by dragging the slider to the left side.
2. Disable the Adaptive Brightness
Most Windows laptops have adaptive brightness features in their system. This feature allows the laptop to adjust the screen’s brightness level automatically—the brightness changes depending on your environment. If you go to the darker place, the brightness decreases automatically; when a user sits in the brighter place, the brightness of the laptop increases.
All you need to do is disable your laptop’s adaptive feature. Follow the steps given below to disable the feature in the Windows laptop:
- Go to the Start menu icon in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- Type “power option” in the search box and enter.
- When the power window appears, click on the “Display” option.
- Tap on “Enable adaptive brightness.”
- Change the settings to off and hit Apply.
- After selecting OK, the settings will be applied, and the adaptive brightness feature will be disabled.
3. Calibrate the Laptop Screen
Most often, the laptop screens are already calibrated to the right standard. You can also calibrate your laptop screen b using the laptop’s display settings. You can change the settings and adjust the colors and brightness of the laptop screen more accurately.
Follow the steps given below to calibrate your laptop screen:
- Go to the Start menu icon in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- Type “calibrate display color” in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the top result option and open the Display color calibration wizard.
- You will find the first adjustment on the gamma. All you need to do here is to minimize the visibility of the circle’s small dots to set them accurately.
- Now, you need to adjust the brightness and contrast of your laptop screen.
- Follow the screen instructions to increase the brightness.
- Once you reach the Display colors setting, you will find the slider to adjust the screen’s brightness.
- The section will ask you to move the slider to remove all the color cast.
- Select the neutral grey color to keep the colors properly calibrated.
- In the next step, the window will ask you to compare the previous calibration settings with the newer ones. Click on the “Preview calibration” icon.
- If you are satisfied with the new calibration changes, tap on Finish to save the changes.
4. Use Any Third-Party Tool to Adjust the Brightness
If the above methods do not work on your laptop, you can install any third-party tool to maximize your laptop’s brightness. Plenty of apps help users increase the brightness of their laptops to the maximum level.
Apps like RedShiftGUI, Desktop Lighter, iBrightness Tray, and many others enable users to control the display brightness of their laptops without using the system setting. Most applications and software are free to install and use.
So, download any of the above-mentioned third-party tools and maximize your laptop’s brightness. F. Lux is one of the best tools for brightening the laptop screen to the maximum level. The tool can adjust the brightness automatically according to your environment.
Brightness Slider will be the best tool for your laptop if you use MacBook or Mac laptop. It also works similarly to the F. Lux, so downloading it will help the user to brighten the laptop screen however he/she wants.
5. Use Keyboard Keys
Although each laptop brightens the screen automatically, it is not the brightest setting. The shortcut keys are the simplest way to brighten the laptop screen to the maximum. Most laptops have a brightness key on their keyboard with the sun icon.
- Usually, the brightness keys are in the function keys. If you use the MacBook, its brightness keys will be F1 and F2.
- Typically, windows laptops have F9 or F10 brightness keys. Sometimes, you might need to press the Function key+ and Brightness key simultaneously to toggle the keys.
- Every laptop differs from the others; mentioning these keys does not mean each has these brightness keys. Maybe, your laptop uses different keys for the brightness.
- If your laptop has an Fn key on the keyboard, you must hold the function key before pressing the brightness key.
- Disabling the function key is also possible; you will only use the brightness keys to increase the screen’s brightness.
6. Use Action Center Menu
Using the action center menu of your laptop is also the quickest way to adjust the screen’s brightness.
- The action center menu is usually at the screen’s bottom right corner.
- The message icon you can see is the action center menu option.
- The sidebar will open on the screen when you click the message icon.
- Find the “Expand” hyperlink there and click on it.
- You will see the brightness slider in this section.
- Drag the slider to the right side to increase the maximum brightness of the laptop screen.
If you use the MacBook, your laptop keyboard method to adjust the brightness is slightly different.
- All you need to do is to open the Start menu in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- Select the Apple icon.
- In this section, you can adjust the screen’s brightness.
- You can increase or decrease the brightness by dragging the slider.
Final Verdict: How To Make Your Laptop Screen Brighter Than Max?
Increasing the laptop screen brightness is not difficult—plenty of ways to allow users to brighten the laptop screen to the maximum level. If you are working on your laptop, but its screen is so dim, and the picture or video is unclear, that must be annoying.
The steps you read are not tricky; you can easily follow them on your laptop. If the above methods do not work, you can download any third-party tool; they work efficiently on every laptop. Ensure to follow the steps carefully and enjoy using your laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is My Laptop Stuck on Lowest Brightness?
If your laptop is stuck on the lowest brightness, there might be an outdated driver problem. The only option to fix the issue is to update your laptop drivers. You can also check for the adaptive display option. It also reduces and increases the screen brightness depending on its settings.
What Is the Shortcut Key for Brightness?
Each laptop has brightness keys on the keyboard. On HP laptops, the brightness keys are usually F3 (lower brightness) and F4 (higher brightness). If you cannot find the brightness key on your laptop keyboard, Windows and I keys help the users adjust the brightness. All you need to do is press and hold the Windows + I key simultaneously and adjust the screen brightness in the Settings app.
How Do I Adjust Brightness Without Fn Key?
Yes, you can brighten your laptop screen without using the Fn key. Press and hold the Windows + I key simultaneously and open the Settings app. Click the System and then on Display. Under the Brightness and Color option, you will find the slider to adjust the screen’s brightness. Drag and maximize the laptop brightness.