Is your Lenovo laptop not connecting with WiFi? It is a real problem if you are doing critical office work or finding data for a new project. It must frustrate you to find the solution for how to connect Lenovo laptop to WiFi easily.
Many Lenovo laptop owners complain about Lenovo laptops not connecting to WiFi issues. Sometimes, while doing our work, our internet connection disappears, and suddenly we face a serious issue. No need to worry anymore; you can resolve the WiFi issue in your laptop now.
Various reasons cause the problem; we will discuss the most common problems in this article. If you are also experiencing the same problem, keep reading and get the easiest solution to this problem today.
Sometimes the root cause of the WiFi not connecting is a lack of access to the router. You can connect the WiFi without the Admin panel if that is the case.
Table of Contents
How Can You Connect WiFi To Your Lenovo Laptop?
Connecting the Lenovo laptop to WiFi is not as difficult as you thought. You might face this issue if you use a Lenovo laptop for longer. Lenovo laptops are famous for their best quality and features, but these problems are common with every type of laptop, so don’t worry about it.
Here is the complete procedure for connecting your laptop to WiFi. Make sure o follow the steps carefully:
- Before connecting the WiFi to your laptop, ensure your WiFi router is On.
- Turn your Lenovo laptop On; you will see the WiFi icon in the below bar of the screen.
- After clicking on the WiFi icon, you will see the processing process.
- After one or two seconds, the list of nearby WiFi devices will appear on your screen.
- You have to choose your WiFi device among them. When you click on your device in the list, it will ask you about the connection.
- Click on Connect option, and the password box will appear on the screen.
- Enter the password of your WiFi router and click on Connect option.
- After a second, your WiFi device will successfully connect to the laptop.
- If your device does not appear in the list, it is a hidden device.
- In that case, to search your network, scroll down and click on Hidden Networks.
- You must enter your network name and SSID in the box and click on the connect option. After doing it, select connect automatically.
- It will make it easier for your Lenovo laptop to connect automatically with your network.
- There will be no need to repeat the process every time. When your WiFi is on, the Lenovo laptop will automatically detect and connect to the network.
- If your WiFi network has any security or pin, then on the next screen, a notification will pop up to enter it.
- Enter your network’s security key and click on Next.
- If you are connecting your WiFi to your Lenovo laptop first time, then it will ask you to share.
- If your network is personal or home base, you might need to share folders, files, or even printers by using a network.
- But if you use Hotspot or any public WiFi, don’t enable the sharing option.
- That’s it; your Lenovo laptop will be connected to the WiFi network.
What Do I Do To Fix The WiFi Issue On My Lenovo Laptop?
Sometimes you might face any issue connecting your Lenovo laptop to WiFi, but some solutions exist. I’ll cover some of them below:
1. Basic Troubleshooting
Before going into details, clarify which device has a problem, your laptop or WiFi.
Connect your WiFi network with other devices, like mobile or PC. Notice whether or not the network or internet is running perfectly on those devices. If these devices cannot detect WiFi, the problem is in your network. Make sure to check your router and reboot it again.
But if the network connects with other devices, your Lenovo laptop is causing a problem. You can follow the Lenovo laptop troubleshooting guide to ensure everything is working fine. Make sure to fix its problem by following ways.
2. Ensure The Wireless Switch Is On
Some Lenovo laptops have a physical switch on the body that enables the person to turn on or off the wireless network. Usually, you may have seen the switch on the edge of the laptop. Check the button on the laptop you are using; if you find it, turn it On.
If you did not find any switch, then don’t worry. Most Lenovo laptops activate the network using keyboard key combinations like Fn and F5. Press them simultaneously dan check if the network starts running on the laptop.
3. Check the Wireless Adapter
WiFi mostly cannot connect to the laptop because of the deactivation of the wireless adapter. Make sure to enable the wireless adapter on your Lenovo laptop, so your laptop detects the network.
- Open the Run box by pressing the window + R.
- You have to enter devmgmt.msc and click ok.
- Click on network adapters and then wireless network adapter.
- You will see a menu bar on the screen; click Enable Device.
- If you see Disable device instead of Enable device, the wireless adapter is already activated.
- Now, restart your computer and see if the network is connected to the laptop.
4. Disable the Airplane Mode
If still, your Lenovo laptop is showing a problem in connection; then it is possible that the airplane mode might be enabled. Sometimes, we unintentionally press airplane mode and do not know about that.
To make your airplane mode turn off, press the airplane icon. Turn it off, and the system will start running if you correctly disable airplane mode. If there is still a problem, then follow the next step.
5. Update Your Wireless Network Adapter
If you use your Lenovo laptop for longer, the network adapter may be damaged. If you want to use your laptop’s WiFi network comfortably, ensure your laptop has the latest adapter drive.
The adapter of your window will tell you which network adapter is safe and good for your laptop. There is no need to provide any information to use. You can update the full version on your laptop by upgrading it. There are two types of update drivers:
- Automatically update drivers: the advanced driver update does not require much time and patience, so if you are in a hurry, it is the best way.
- Manually update drivers: you can update your WiFi drivers through the device manager. But remember that it requires time, knowledge, and patience also.
You must have understood how to connect your WiFi to your laptop without trouble. But if you face any trouble connecting them, the article’s complete guide will help you resolve your issue.
I hope the article helped you in all the way you want to get your answers. Whenever you face any problem regarding the internet on your Lenovo laptop, follow the steps you have read; they will help you connect your WiFi to your laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Button On The Laptop Indicates The WiFi Option?
After turning the laptop On, you can see the circular WiFi icon in the below bar of the screen. If there is no on your laptop, you can press Fn+F5 simultaneously, and the Lenovo wireless connection settings will appear on your screen.
What Cable Can I Use To Connect My Laptop Directly To The Internet?
Connecting your laptop to the router is easy. It would be best if you had an Ethernet cable to connect your laptop’s Ethernet port and the router. You will easily enjoy the internet facility on your laptop by directly connecting the cable.