Do you own an ASUS laptop and want to clean it for maintenance or replace a part? Knowing how to take apart ASUS laptop be handy in this situation.
The good news is that taking apart your laptop is not complicated. Some DOs and Don’ts are involved in the process, but you can do it at home.
All you need to do is to unscrew all the screws and remove the cables from the laptop and its components. Removing the screws will help you in taking out and removing the components one by one.
Looks simple, right? You will learn these steps in detail in this article.
Table of Contents
- Basic thermal paste
- Silver thermal paste
- PVC opening tool
- Suction cup
How to Take Apart Your ASUS Laptop
Follow the below steps for the successful dissembling procedure.
1. Turn Off the Laptop
- First of all, you need to turn off the laptop.
- Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to avoid static electricity.
- Discharge the static electricity by touching the unpainted piece of metal.
- After turning off the laptop, unplug all the wires and external devices.
- Move the locking slider and remove the battery.
- After removing the battery, press the power button for 5-10 seconds to drain the remaining charges.
2. Remove the Back Panels
- Unscrew all the screws and remove the back panel of the laptop.
- Look behind the stickers and under the rubber feet to check the remaining screws.
- Place the back covers in an organized way to reassemble the laptop after the complete process.
3. Remove the Components
- After removing the back covers, you will access most components.
- Remove the storage drive, wireless card, and memory.
- You need to remove these components after disconnecting their wires.
- If the connectors are placed on the ribbon cable, open the clamp with the help of a flathead screwdriver and eliminate the ribbon cable.
- You will find the storage device there, remove the screws and remove it.
- You will find the modules holding each other to protect the memory inside the laptop; you need to remove them to take the memory out.
- Use your fingers or any tool to loosen the modules; they will pop up at a 30-degree angle.
- Take them out without touching the gold pins.
- You will find the wireless antenna on the wireless card.
- Use a screwdriver to remove that antenna and take out the wireless card.
4. Remove the Hinge Cover Plate
- In this step, remove the hinge cover plate and the laptop keyboard.
- If there are screws on your hinge cover plate, remove them with the screwdriver.
- A small notch on the hinge plate can make it easier to remove it.
- After loosening the plate, remove the plate entirely.
- Remove the screws under the plate to take out the keyboard.
- Never remove the ribbon cable while removing the keyboard.
- The plastic hinge will cover the keyboard; lift it with your fingers.
- Remove all the cables and then separate the keyboard.
5. Remove the Asus Laptop Screen
- Remove the LCD data and antenna cable from the keyboard to remove the ASUS laptop screen.
- Remove the screws which are holding the hinge area.
- The area can be anywhere, like on the back of the laptop, inside, or where the keyboard is.
- Remove the display gently.
6. Remove All Screws
- After removing the screen, remove all the remaining screws wherever you find them.
- Use your fingers to remove the pads and other components. If any components are not coming out, you have missed any screws.
- Remove all the screws holding the components.
7. Pry the Case Apart
- You need to separate the laptop’s bottom case apart.
- Disconnect all the screws and cables attached to the motherboard and also remove the touchpad.
- Once you remove all the screws and cables, the motherboard will take out if there is no resistance.
8. Reassemble the ASUS Laptop
- After disassembling the laptop, clean its components and use them for the purpose you disassemble.
- If you need to reassemble the ASUS laptop, follow the steps in reverse order.
Final Verdict: How to Take Apart My ASUS Laptop
Perfect! Now you are ready to take apart your ASUS laptop without further assistance. Remember to follow the instructions properly to avoid damaging your laptop’s internal components.