Are you facing difficulty connecting your pixel buds to a laptop? Follow my detailed guide on how to connect Pixel Buds to laptop. I have explained the methods of connecting the two, whether using a MacBook or a Windows laptop. You can also get details about all the issues faced while connecting them and how you can solve these issues.
Launched by Google in 2017, these pixel buds have gained maximum popularity as thousands of pre-orders were observed the next day of launching. Despite their popularity, people often feel issues connecting Pixel Buds to their laptops. This article contains all the information you seek, so don’t wait anymore and dive in.
Table of Contents
How Do I Connect Pixel Buds to My Laptop?
Connecting Google Pixel Buds to the laptop is not challenging. Pairing and connecting them to the laptop mostly takes a few seconds. If you want to connect them, there are slightly changed methods for Windows and Mac.
Below I have explained the pairing and connecting to make things easier to understand for both OS.
How to Connect Pixel Buds to a Windows Laptop?
If you want to connect your pixel buds to a Windows laptop, follow these steps to do this;
- Select the Bluetooth icon present in the taskbar of your laptop and turn it on. Go to the setting and turn the visibility on if it is off. It will allow the other networks to connect with your laptop’s network.
- Now go to add Bluetooth or other devices on your laptop. Here you can see all the nearby devices available for connection for your laptop.
- Hold the pairing button on your pixel buds and turn it on; you will hear it saying powered on or a light blinking, indicating it is on.
- Now find the name of your pixel bud on the laptop screen.
- Click on the pixel bud on your laptop and click on pair.
That’s it; you have successfully connected the pixel buds to a Windows laptop.
How to Connect Pixel Buds to a MacBook?
If you want to connect your pixel buds to an Apple MacBook, it will differ from Windows and a laptop.
Follow these steps to connect your pixel bus to your MacBook;
- Select the Apple logo on the left top corner of your MacBook.
- Select the system preferences and click Bluetooth to access the Bluetooth settings.
- Now click on Turn Bluetooth on to enable Bluetooth on your MacBook.
- Please take your pixel buds out of their case and press and hold the pairing button on them. You will hear a sound or a light blinking, indicating that your buds are on.
- When these pixel buds turn on, you can see their name on the screen of your MacBook in the pair new device section.
- Click on Connect and wait until it says connected.
That’s it; you have successfully connected your pixel buds with your MacBook. You can also go to the Bluetooth setting of your MacBook from the top right corner of the menu. There is another way to search for it separately and open it.
Pixel Buds Not Connecting to the Laptop: Troubleshooting
There can be different reasons if you cannot connect your laptop to pixel buds. If you have followed the steps mentioned above and after enabling the Bluetooth on both devices you cannot connect the devices, here are some solutions that you can do and try to connect the two;
Pair Them Again
If you connect your pixel buds with Windows, a laptop, or MacBook, accessing the Bluetooth setting and clicking on the pixel buds is better. You need to delete and forget the pixel buds from the Bluetooth list of your laptop.
Now, pair your device’s Bluetooth with the pixel bud again and see if it connects. If you cannot connect them, put your pixel buds back into the case and try again.
Reset the Buds
Resetting the buds is another effective solution to connect your device with these buds. For this purpose, you need to press and hold the pairing button of your buds and keep them pressing for almost 30 seconds. You have successfully reset your pixel bud and can now connect them to your device from the start.
Update Your Laptop’s Bluetooth Drivers
One of the other reasons your pixel buds do not connect with your Bluetooth drivers is that they have old and outdated Bluetooth drivers. For this purpose, you will have to open the device manager on your laptop, find Bluetooth, and check if the drivers are up to date.
If they are not updated, let Windows install them. You can also use third-party apps, such as DriverBooster, to help install the Bluetooth driver on your laptop.
Final Verdict: How to Connect Pixel Buds to a Laptop
Connecting your pixel buds with your laptop, windows, or MacBook is simple. You can do this easily by following this article’s short, simple steps. You might face different problems connecting the two, even after enabling the Bluetooth devices on both.
The troubleshooting tips enable you to go through the tips given above and resolve the issues in connectivity. Enjoy using your Google Pixel Buds and listen to your favorite media of podcasts without connectivity issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Connect Pixel Buds?
Connecting pixel buds to your laptop is easy. It takes thirty seconds or less than a minute to connect. You can easily connect it by enabling Bluetooth on your laptop, holding on to the pairing button on the pixel buds, and selecting them on your laptop. When you pair both devices, you won’t have to pair them the next time; they will connect automatically next time.
Can Pixel Buds Connect to Multiple Devices?
Yes, you can connect pixel buds with more than eight different devices. You can connect it to your smartphone, TV, tablet, and laptop. This way, whenever you turn on your pixel bud, the device next to it will connect automatically. You don’t need to pair them repeatedly after doing once.