You might be scrolling the screen and liked something. Do you want to show it to someone? Then taking screenshots will be the easier way. But how to take it?
If you have an ASUS laptop, chances are there that you don’t know how to screenshot on ASUS laptop.
Taking screenshots is not a challenging task. There are many ways to take a screenshot on an ASUS laptop.
One of the simplest ways is to press and hold the PrtSc key and take a screenshot of your desired screen window. You can simultaneously press the Windows+ Shift+ S keys and save the image to the clipboard.
There are plenty of others. Let’s explore them all.
Table of Contents
Methods to Take Screenshots on ASUS Laptop
Taking a screenshot of the ASUS laptop is an easy job. Here are some simple and quick methods which you can follow to take screenshots on your ASUS laptop:
1. Take A Screenshot by Pressing the Windows Key + Shift + S
If you are in a hurry, here is the quickest way to take a screenshot within a second. Just press a few keys on the keyboard and take a screenshot. Follow the steps given below:
- First, you must find your laptop keyboard’s shift, Windows, and S keys.
- After finding them, press and hold them for a second.
- The “Snip and Sketch” tool window will appear on the screen.
- Now you can select the desired area of the screen to take a screenshot
- The tool will ask you whether you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen or only some part of it.
- You can choose any option among these:
Rectangular: Choosing this will take a rectangular screenshot.
Freeform: Choosing this will help you select the area you want in the screenshot.
Fullscreen: This option will allow you to screenshot the full screen.
- After choosing one option from above, the screenshot will be taken and saved to the clipboard.
- Copy the image from the clipboard and go to any image editor like Windows Paint or Adobe Photoshop, then select the “Paste” option.
- Here, you can re-edit, resize or crop the screenshot.
- After that, copy the image and paste it into the folder where you want to save it.
2. Use the PrtSc Key to Take a Screenshot
Follow the steps given below to take a screenshot by using the PrtSc key:
- Go to the screen window where you want to take a screenshot.
- Find the PrtSc key on your ASUS laptop keyboard.
- If you want to screenshot the entire page, press the PrtSc key.
- The screenshot will save to the clipboard.
- Now you can copy the screenshot from the clipboard and paste it into any editor app to edit it.
- Go to the MS Word or MS Paint program and paste the screenshot by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Edit, resize, or reshape the screenshot in MS Word or MS Paint.
- After editing, press Ctrl+ S keys to save the image to the laptop.
3. Use Windows Key + PrtSc to Take a Screenshot
Another simple way to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop is to click the Windows + PrtSc keys. It is also the quickest way to take a screenshot. Follow the steps given below:
- First, find the Windows and PrtSc key on your ASUS laptop keyboard.
- After finding them, you need to press them simultaneously.
- The screenshot will be taken.
- Open the File Explorer in the taskbar after taking the screenshot.
- Once the window opens, select the Documents > Pictures option.
- Clicking on Screenshots will take you to the folder where the screenshot will be saved.
4. Use the Snipping Tool Method
As an ASUS laptop user, you can take screenshots using the built-in Snipping Tool. Follow the below steps to access the snipping tool and take a screenshot easily:
- Go to the Start menu icon in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- Hit enter after typing the “Snipping tool” in the search box.
- You will see the “Snipping tool” option in the top results; hit on it.
- Once the snipping tool opens, click on the ‘Try Snip and Sketch” option or tap the “New” option in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Drag the cursor to select the desired area to take a screenshot.
- After selecting, release the cursor, and a screenshot will be taken.
- To draw something, you can edit the screenshot using pen, eraser, and highlighter tools.
- You can also crop the screenshot.
- If you want to remove any part from the screenshot, cut it.
- After editing, click the File menu and save the screenshot in your desired folder.
5. Use Any Third-Party Tool
If you want to take a customized screenshot with plenty of options, you can use any third-party tool to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop. There are various screenshot programs like ShareX, Aiseesoft Screen Recorder, and Lightshot for free.
Downloading and using third-party tools is so easy. The best thing is that screenshot extensions provide a lot of editing, cropping, resizing, blurring, sharing, copying, and converting to PNG and JPG format options to the user.
You can also use third-party tools to take screenshots on Opera, UC browser, Firefox, and Brave. Some of the best and most popular third-party tools are HTML Element screenshot, Nimbus screenshot and video recorder, GoFullPage, Lightshot, and FireShot.
Final Verdict: How to Take Screenshot on ASUS Laptop
If you were looking for ways to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop, I hope the article was helpful. Taking a screenshot is so straightforward. All you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned in the article. They are quick and easy to follow. If one method does not work, then follow the other one and take a snap of your laptop window display screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Screenshot on My ASUS Laptop Without the PrtSc Button?
Taking a screenshot through the keyboard keys is easy using a Windows 10 ASUS laptop. All you need to do is to locate the windows, Shift, and S keys. Press the windows+ shift+ S keys and a screenshot will be taken. The screenshot will save to the clipboard. Go to the folder where you want to paste it and click on “Paste” to save it in that folder.
How Do I Take a Screenshot on My ASUS ROG Strix?
You can take a screenshot by pressing the windows+ L-Shift+ S simultaneously. Pressing and holding them will automatically take a screenshot and save it to your clipboard.
What Is the PrtSc Key on ASUS?
Whenever you ask someone or open Google to search “how to take screenshots on ASUS laptop?” I’m sure you must have heard about it or have seen the PrtSc key. The key is located on the right side of the top of the keys. You will see “PrtSc” written on the key; it is usually used to take screenshots.